Every once in a while I like to escape in a good book; a book that you can’t put down and that you could read more than once. For me that book was The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Souljah.
That book was the book that started me reading Urban Fiction.
Here are a few of my favorite reads in Urban Fiction.
- B-More Careful (Shannon Holmes)
- The Glamorous Life 1 and 2 (Nikki Turner)
- A Hustlers Wife (Nikki Turner)
- Forever a Hustlers Wife (Nikki Turner)
- Trife Life To Lavish 1 and 2 (Deja King)
- Message From A Mistress (Niobia Bryant)
- Secret Society (Miasha)
- Imagine This (Vickie Stringer)
- Pay Back With Ya Life (Wahida Clark)
I can’t forget Zane and Donald Goines, they have so many books that are page turners and have had me up late in the night trying to read what happens at the end.
Of course Urban Fiction is not the only genre of books I read, but they are what I run to when I need to escape my own reality for a while.
My Kindle reads and Bookshelves are so diverse that anyone could find something they’d like to read.
Books such as:
- Lasher (Anne Rice)
- Manology (Tyrese and Rev Run)
- Silver Sparrow (Tayari Jones)
- The Virgin Suicides (Jeffrey Eugenides)
- Roots (Alex Haley)
- Say You’re One Of Them (Uwem Akpan)
- The Conversation (Hill Harper)
Let’s not forget E.L. James (Fifty Shades of Grey), Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games) and Stephanie Meyer (Twilight). I read all of those books in a month or less and read more than once.
I know there are many more books out there that I haven’t read. I’m constantly looking for the next page turning, stay up until I’m done, what will happen next? book.
These are some of my favorite books. What are yours?